Pureology’s Global Artistic Ambassador Gregory Russell Shares How To Create The Look
Anya Taylor Joy’s Hair for Saturday Night Live
Pureology’s Global Artistic Ambassador Gregory Russell tells us how to recreate the gorgeous hairstyle
INSPIRATION: “I was inspired by the style of the clothing to create a classic voluminous 1960’s style.”
- Starting on damp hair, I used Pureology On The Rise Mousse through the roots and blew out with Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Hair Dryer and Olivia Garden 1 1/4” EcoHair Bamboo Thermal Round Brush. I then set each section with a clip to cool.
- Once complete, I sprayed hair with Pureology Soft Finish Hairspray to set hair.
- Once hair fully cooled, I removed clips and sprayed each section with more Soft Finish, allowing time to set, then brushed each section through with Olivia Garden EcoHair Combo Paddle Brush, repeating until all hair was down.
- I then sectioned off the first 2” from the hairline out and clipped away.
- I brushed the crown section with Olivia Garden Style-Up Combo Teasing Brush for volume and then smoothed and tied hair into a half up style, using a regular hair tie and spraying flyaways with more Soft Finish Hairspray.
- I then I clipped and parted the hairline section and incorporated underneath the hair tie.
- I used Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Flat Iron on the ends and front pieces of hair to add extra shine and smoothness.
- I finished with Pureology Lock It Down Strong Hold Hairspray to provide lasting hold to the style.
INSPIRATION: “Because Anya had so many different looks, i wanted the hair to be sleek and timeless. I created a sleek, clean look that was versatile yet strong.”
- Starting on Anya’s damp hair, I applied Pureology Color Fanatic Multi-Tasking Leave-In and a small pearl sized amount of Smooth Perfection Heat Protectant Smooth Serum to her lengths.
- I then blew out with my Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Hair Dryer and Olivia Garden 2” EcoHair Bamboo Thermal Round Brush to get shiny and smooth locks.
- Once completed, I took 1” sections and used my Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Flat Iron to straighten the lengths to perfection. This was the hero product of the look.
- Once all the way through, I applied a small pearl of Pureology Style + Protect Shine Bright Taming Serum to my hands, emulsifying before applying to the lengths, and started with the very ends and ended around her face frame. To set the hair, I used Pureology Style + Protect Lock It Down Hairspray.
Pureology Hair Care available on pureology.com, Ulta.com, and at Ulta stores nationwide. Olivia Garden products are available on OliviaGarden.com, Ulta.com, and at Ulta stores nationwide.
[Images courtesy of Gregory Russell]